The Shirofugen Flowering Cherry is a gorgeous cultivar that’s been prized among Japanese growers for over 500 years. The bright pink buds swell in the spring until they burst into full-sized double-blossoms which are wonderfully colored and fragrant. These double blossoms begin as pure white with a light pink tinge on the outer petals, but that pink tinge deepens as spring progresses until the entire tree is a beautiful shade of deep pink. The new leaves emerge bronze at the new growth and gradually change to a full dark green which lasts all summer. Many choose the Shirofugen tree to plant as a single specimen tree, in order to fully appreciate the elegance this tree brings to a landscape.
What’s great about the Shirofugen Cherry?
- Humongous and showy double-blossoms cascade down the tree in spring.
- These flowers change from white to deep pink as the season progresses!
- These double-blossoms are elegantly complex, resembling mini roses!
- The dark green foliage will keep you shaded all summer.
- Shirofugen has received the Award of Garden Merit from The Royal Horticultural Society for its elegance and beauty.
What will you receive?
When you order a tree from Online Orchards, we will send you a bare-root tree with roots wrapped in wet biodegradable material and burlap to ensure hydration while the tree is being shipped to you. The best thing you can do is plant as soon as possible, water often, and watch your tree grow.
When will you receive your tree?
Our trees are ready to be sent out in November when they begin their state of dormancy and shipping continues through May, depending on the warm spring weather!