Shining Sensation Weigela
Weigela florida 'Bokrashine'
- Long, narrow pink flowers begin blooming in May and continue to bloom through summer.
- This plant’s shiny purple foliage, with long, arching stems really makes it a star in your landscaping.
- This weigela stands out among the crowd and attracts hummingbirds and butterflies.
- Shining Sensation loves full sun for best flowering, but will also do well in partial shade.
- This plant prefers well-drained soils but is fairly adaptable to other soil types.
This beautiful cultivar is a knockout in any garden. Its gorgeous, shiny purple foliage contrasts perfectly with its bright pink flowers. In mid-spring, blooms are most prolific. Shining Sensation reblooms throughout summer.
Use in foundation plantings, train a pair into an arch, or plant wherever you want to create a dramatic visual impact. You really can’t go wrong with a plant that has this much interest going for it.
Shining Sensation prefers well-drained soil but is fairly adaptable to other soil types in growing zones 4-8. Plant in full sun for best flowering, or in light shade. A granular fertilizer for woody plants (like roses) may be applied in early spring.