Limbless apple trees are the most compact type of apple trees grown today! This revolutionary style of apple trees utilize their nutrients to quickly produce fruit instead of growing limbs that branch out and take up space. Scarlet Sentinel in particular produces an abundance of large, juicy, candy-red apples whose delicious flavor is comparable to Red McIntosh apples. Scarlet Sentinel trees grow with an abundance of tiny spurs adorning the solitary tree trunk. These soft fruit spurs are actually dormant flowers waiting to burst into bloom when spring comes. These abundant flowers each become the large, delicious, juicy, and brightly colored apples that make the Scarlet Sentinel tree famous!
What’s great about the Scarlet Sentinel Limbless Apple Tree?
- Limbless Apple trees begin producing fruit at a younger age than almost any other apple varieties grown today!
- Produces an abundance of large, juicy, candy-red apples with delicious flavor comparable to McIntosh apples.
- Compact growth and early fruit production makes Scarlet Sentinel an ideal balcony, patio, or backyard tree!
- Limbless Apples are the smallest and most compact apple producing trees grown today!
- These apples are far from just a novelty, the flavor of a Scarlet Sentinel apple is delicious and of the same quality as the most popular varieties like Red McIntosh, Braeburn, and Red Delicious.
|Cold Hardiness Zones
||5, 6, 7, 8, 9
||-20° F, (-29° C)
||Malus domestica 'Scarlet Sentinel'
|Mature Height (ft.)
||10' - 15'
||Mature Width (ft.)
||4' - 6'
||Late Summer through Fall
||Recommended Spacing (ft.)
||8' - 20'
|Best Seasons to Plant for Zones 7 - 11
||Fall through Spring
||Best Seasons to Plant for Zones 2 - 6
|Optimal Soil Condition
||Acidic - Neutral
||Bright Candy Apple Red
||Crisp, sweet, reminiscent of Red McIntosh