The Double Pink Weeping Cherry is one of the most popular and widely acclimated cherry blossom cultivars and is known by several other names including “Pendulum” and “Pendula Plena Rosea”. Its worldwide adoration is well-deserved on account of its gracefully weeping branches, which allow for a considerably compact form, and also for the stunning bright pink blossoms which cascade down the limbs in early spring. The bright pink blossoms bloom double, meaning two flowers appear for every bud on the tree! This cherry blossom tree is ideal for landscapes desiring multi-seasonal beauty, as the leaves turn bright yellow in autumn and the weeping limbs draw much interest in the summertime. The Double Pink Weeping Cherry is one of the worlds favorite blossom trees, beautifully complementing any landscape.
What’s great about the Double Weeping Cherry?
- Beloved worldwide for its unique weeping limbs and wide adaptability.
- Bright pink double-blossoms grow for every single bud on the tree!
- The weeping branches allow for a considerably compact ornamental cherry tree.
- This is both a modern and an ancient favorite, as its cultivation dates back to at least 17th Century Japan.
- The Double Weeping Cherry has received the Award of Garden Merit from The Royal Horticultural Society for its elegance and beauty.
What will you receive?
When you order a tree from Online Orchards, we will send you a bare-root tree with roots wrapped in wet biodegradable material and burlap to ensure hydration while the tree is being shipped to you. The best thing you can do is plant as soon as possible, water often, and watch your tree grow.
When will you receive your tree?
Our trees are ready to be sent out in November when they begin their state of dormancy and shipping continues through May, depending on the warm spring weather!