Without a doubt the most beloved sweet cherry in North America, Bing can be grown just about anywhere! This tender and delicious ruby-red fruit is a breeze to grow, from Michigan to Florida and everywhere in between. This is our easiest cherry tree to grow due to its wide adaptability, just add plenty of water and your Bing tree will take off running. The extra-large cherries grown by Bing trees are positively bursting with juicy flavor, so much so that entire product lines of Bing Cherry juices and drinks have been developed in recent years. Planting a Bing tree today brings you one step closer to enjoying literally tons of delicious cherries for years to come!
What makes the Bing tree great?
- Its intensely sweet flavor has propelled Bing to become the most popular dark sweet cherry in America!
- Bing is a widely adaptable and resilient cherry tree, grown with ease all over the country.
- Bing fruit is exceptionally juicy, in fact many beverages are made using only Bing cherries for their flavor and juice.
- Its powerfully fragrant flowers attract all kinds of pollinators including honeybees, hummingbirds, and butterflies.
- Bing trees can produce up to 100 pounds of cherries per year!
What will you receive?
When you order a tree from Online Orchards, we will send you a bare-root tree with roots wrapped in wet biodegradable material and burlap to ensure hydration while the tree is being shipped to you. The best thing you can do is plant as soon as possible, water often, and watch it grow!
|Cold Hardiness Zones
||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
-25° F, (-32° C)
||Prunus avium 'Bing'
|Mature Height (ft.)
||12' - 15'
||Mature Width (ft.)
||12' - 15'
||Summer through Fall
||Recommended Spacing (ft.)
||8' - 20'
|Best Seasons to Plant for Zones 7 - 11
Fall through Spring
Best Seasons to Plant for Zones 2 - 6
Optimal Soil Condition
Acidic - Neutral