A very dense plant and attractive plant, the Evergreen Euonymus attracts birds and other pollinators with its flowers and fruit. Its waxy and lustrous leaves look particularly beautiful against red brick when used in foundation plantings. It tolerates heavy pruning and salt spray and adapts easily to maritime conditions.
The Evergreen Euonymus can grow 10-15 feet tall, and 5-6 feet wide and is best suited to hardiness zones 7-9. It prefers full sun but doesn’t mind shady areas, and adapts to different soil types.
This plant is a solid choice for mass plantings, foundations, borders, and hedges.
- The Evergreen Euonymus is an excellent choice for shrubbery or pruned into a small tree.
- Prized for its foliage, it is drought and salt spray tolerant.
- Greenish-white flowers bloom in summer and give way to pinkish-red fruit in late summer to early fall.
- Unlike others, this plant will grow near black walnut trees.
- Its evergreen foliage provides year-round visual interest and its fruit attracts birds.