The Chionides Rhododendron sports showy snow-white blossoms which are marked by a distinctive golden sunburst contained within the throat of each flower, providing a welcomed contrasting element. At the base of the blooms you will find lush green foliage that serves to draw attention to the pure white coloring of the blooms even further. The plant grows rather slowly, but in a very even and symmetrical fashion, without any offsetting protrusions. For every bud growing on a Chionoides Rhododendron, a dozen pure white flowers bloom in perfect unison! Although this Rhododendron shows its best colors in spring, the soft evergreen foliage adds color and texture year-round. Chionides grows well in USDA zones 5-9 and thrives in partial sunlight or shade. Chionoides is perfect for planting en masse along borders and will reach a height between of four and five feet with an equal spread.
Whats great about the Chionides Rhododendron?
- Pure white blossoms contain golden patterns inside!
- This evergreen shrub adds color throughout winter.
- Blooms later than most, allowing for longer periods of floral beauty in a landscape.
- Deep green foliage becomes lighter in summer!
- Naturally grows in a symmetrical fashion!