The Mt. Fuji tree is unique among cherries and has a number of exceptional qualities distinguishing this beautiful tree. The limbs and foliage tend to grow outwards in a dome-shaped fashion! Its unique form lends to the floral beauty in the spring, as the huge white blossoms appear to be tumbling down from the peak of the dome-shaped foliage. This form also causes the Mt. Fuji tree to grow quite compactly, making it a perfect dwarf-sized ornamental option.
The massive snow-white flowers contain up to 11 petals and resemble miniature roses in bloom! These flowers range from single to double blossoms for each bud, meaning that the Mt. Fuji tree explodes with elegant, pure white color every spring. The flowers also put out a sweet almond fragrance while blooming, which carries in all directions and can be detected from quite a distance away! The Mt. Fuji Flowering Cherry is a compact flowering ornamental tree, and is truly among the most unique and beautiful of its kind.
What’s great about the Mt. Fuji Cherry Blossom Tree?
- Compact growth makes it an excellent dwarf flowering ornamental!
- Massive snow-white blossoms are among the largest of all cherries.
- Foliage attains a unique dome shape, perfectly complementing it’s beautiful springtime floral display!
- The large flowers are pleasantly almond-scented!
- Mt. Fuji has received the Award of Garden Merit from The Royal Horticultural Society for its elegance and beauty.
What will you receive?
When you order a tree from Online Orchards, we will send you a bare-root tree with roots wrapped in wet biodegradable material and burlap to ensure hydration while the tree is being shipped to you. The best thing you can do is plant as soon as possible, water often, and watch your tree grow.
When will you receive your tree?
Our trees are ready to be sent out in November when they begin their state of dormancy and shipping continues through May, depending on the warm spring weather!