Dwarf Granny Smith Apple Tree - A true culinary delight for fresh eating, baking, and cooking! (2 years old and 3-4 feet tall.)
Granny Smith is the worlds most popular green apple! This vigorous tree is almost sure to outgrow other apple varieties within the first three years of planting, meaning that a Granny Smith tree typically bears fruit sooner than other apples cultivars as well. Another important quality of Granny Smith is its extreme cold hardiness, thriving in harsh winter conditions where most apple trees couldn’t. The firm, juicy fruit is a bright green color and due to its cold tolerance, the tree has been known to produce apples well into December!
What makes the Granny Smith tree great?
- Granny Smith is one of the fastest growing of all apple cultivars!
- Granny Smith is very cold hardy, surviving harsh winters where other apple varieties wouldn’t stand a chance.
- No apple is more widely used for cooking and baking than Granny Smith! If you’re looking for a versatile apple that you can enjoy fresh AND bake into a pie then look no further.
- Granny Smith is both self-pollinating and one of the best pollinators for other apple cultivars.
- The apples tend to cling onto a Granny Smith tree instead of falling to the ground, attracting all manner of wildlife throughout the winter.