Red Beauty Holly is an elegant and beautiful addition to any garden or growing space. It’s bright scarlet berries and glossy dark foliage bring drama and excitement to your garden display. Feathered friends love its berries and the evergreen foliage provides them shelter all winter long. This plant looks amazing in pairs, and it needs a male pollinator plant to produce its berries.
This is a classic example of the holiday plant we all know and love. Take a few cuttings of its branches and bring them indoors for a beautiful table centerpiece, or add to a holiday wreath. Dress up your Red Beauty Holly with twinkling lights during the dark winter months.
This holly grows in hardiness zones 6-10. It prefers full sun to part shade, and well-drained, average soils, performing best in moist, acidic soils. Growing up to 6-10 feet tall with a 4-5 foot spread, this plant makes a major visual impact and a stunning specimen.
- Conical and dense--this holly maintains its shape with little to no pruning.
- Red Beauty Holly boasts showy red berries and glossy dark green foliage making it quite the showstopper.
- Stunning in Asian, zen, or cottage gardens, this plant is extremely versatile.
- Its berries are a valuable food source for the birds it attracts, though you’ll need a male pollenizer for best berry output.
- Provides year-round interest and is pest, disease, and deer-resistant.
Red Beauty Holly
Ilex x 'Rutzan'