Plant Sky Pencil Japanese Holly in containers for a formal look, mass-plant for a privacy screen, or place randomly to showcase this simply beautiful garden specimen that will make your neighbors (ever)green with envy. These also make an elegant statement as a pair flanking a formal entryway. No worries about brushing up against this holly--there are no sharp points on its foliage, making it a safe contender for patios and other entertaining areas.
Sky Pencil Holly is hardy in zones 5-9. Left unpruned, the plant reaches a height of 6-8 feet, and 2-3 feet wide. It may be pruned to 1 foot in width and whatever height you prefer. This holly prefers full sun and regular watering, more frequently in warm weather or when grown in containers.
- As its name infers, this holly grows vertically in a narrow, columnar shape.
- There are no sharp points on this cultivar unlike other holly plants.
- A versatile specimen, the Sky Pencil Japanese Holly will work in a variety of ways in your garden.
- Once established, this plant requires little care.
- This plant is evergreen and provides year-round beauty.
Sky Pencil Japanese Holly
Ilex crenata 'Sky Pencil'